Crazy ALMOND Promotion-Original Raw- 800g
9 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Almonds
Almonds are among the world’s most popular tree nuts.
They are highly nutritious and rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Here are 9 health benefits of almonds.
1. Almonds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients
Almonds are the edible seeds of Prunus dulcis, more commonly called the almond tree.
They are native to the Middle East, but the US is now the world's largest producer.
The almonds you can buy in stores usually have the shell removed, revealing the edible nut inside. They are sold either raw or roasted.
They are also used to produce almond milk, oil, butter, flour or paste — also known as marzipan.
Almonds boast an impressive nutrient profile. A 1-ounce (28-gram) serving of almonds contains (1):
- Fiber: 3.5 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Fat: 14 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated)
- Vitamin E: 37% of the RDI
- Manganese: 32% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 20% of the RDI
- They also contain a decent amount of copper, vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and phosphorus.
This is all from a small handful, which supplies only 161 calories and 2.5 grams of digestible carbohydrates.
It is important to note that your body does not absorb 10–15% of their calories because some of the fat is inaccessible to digestive enzymes`.
Almonds are also high in phytic acid, a substance that binds certain minerals and prevents them from being absorbed.
2. Almonds Are Loaded With Antioxidants
3. Almonds Are High in Vitamin E
4. Almonds Can and May Assist With Blood Sugar Control
5. Magnesium Also may Benefits Blood Pressure Levels
6. Almonds May help Lower Cholesterol Levels
7. Almonds May Prevent Harmful Oxidation of LDL Cholesterol
8. Eating Almonds May Reduces Hunger, Lowering Your Overall Calorie Intake
9. Almonds May Be Effective For Weight Loss